TESCO Corporation Tong Operator I in Corpus Christi, Texas
Objectives of the Position:
• The objective of the Tong Operator I is to properly place and operate conventional casing tools and equipment.
• High school or equivalent
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Employee will be required to communicate with the pusher, Tong operator II, and Floorhand II for the proper placement and operation of conventional casing tools and equipment. • This employee is expected to maintain equipment and provide field support. • Should be able to understand information that has been gathered to run a job in the field.
• Basic understanding of tool function and ability to navigate through the job. • Communication with the rig crew, supervisors, and shop personnel. • Ability to multi-task, be well organized both cooperatively and independently. • May be asked to operate a company vehicle.
Competencies Required for Effective Performance:
• One (1) year experience in the Casing Installation Industry. • Common knowledge of sizes and weights of casing. • Strong communication and interpersonal skills • Ability to work with minimal supervision • Safety and service oriented • Team player • Positive attitude • Good problem solving skills
• Requires the ability to stand up to ½ the time. • Requires the ability to walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time. • Requires the ability to talk or hear more than 2/3 of the time. • Requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., unassisted. • Requies close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Typically works in a moderately noisy environment. • Routine exposure to the elements, including working outdoors and in a non-climate controlled building. • Repetitive motions.
Requisition ID: 800