HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) - Trauma Supervisor Nursing Operating Room in Corpus Christi, Texas
Trauma experience required, 8 hour days with call at Bay Area Medical Center.
_Corpus Christi Medical Center__– Corpus Christi, TX_
_Registered Nurse (RN) – Trauma Supervisor Nursing Operating Room_
Corpus Christi Medical Centeris a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
Corpus Christi Medical Centeris a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women’s Health Center
Corpus Christi Medical Centeris currently looking for aRegistered Nurse (RN) - Trauma Supervisor Nursing Operating Room.
- Responsible for assessing patients to determine goals/priorities for counseling; provides age-specific care, and age-appropriate communication with patients and significant others. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions and coordinating each patient's care
- TheSupervisorprovides leadership to an assigned nursing unit with responsibility for planning, directing and evaluating the patient care and services provided. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Manages personnel in the accomplishment of designated goals and the provision of nursing care and services.
- Manages the provision of adequate and competent staffing.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care in producing desired patient outcomes.
- Addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Ensures that age and culturally appropriate care is given.
- Ensures departmental compliance with regulatory and JCAHO requirements.
- Monitors and adheres to annual hospital operating budget.
- Implements cost-effective strategies in staffing and supply management.
- Assists staff in providing patient care and services as needed.
_Qualifications:_ * Current licensure as an RN * Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. * Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. * Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. * Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience. * Previous experience in charge or leadership position. * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Trauma Supervisor Nursing Operating Room
Location: Texas-Corpus Christi-Corpus Christi Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08298-8607