Matrix Service Company Field Project Scheduler in Corpus Christi, Texas
TitleField Project Scheduler
DescriptionThe Project Scheduler will primarily be responsible for performing scheduling assignments, which require the selection and application of sequencing, task duration assessment, resource loading and monitoring, updating, schedule and schedule variance reporting,
presentation and familiarization with technical scope and knowledge of the project.
• Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
• Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
• Perform tasks required to develop and maintain project schedules for Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and/or Construction projects.
• Effectively communicate work priorities and schedule concerns to project management.
• Develop detailed schedules with project management. Collect data from a variety of sources to ensure each project and each portion of each project is properly incorporated into the project schedule(s).
• Interface with other departments to provide scheduling data for items such as estimating, RFQs, RFPs, subcontracts, supply chain, bid comparisons, new scope estimates and resolution of potential schedule concerns.
• Perform schedule audits in the field, confirming project progress, sequencing and durations.
• Participate in the development of daily and weekly work plans for each work area based on schedule.
• Resource assignment, analysis and histogram development and reporting.
• Work closely with project lead personnel to ensure job task status is properly maintained and reported.
• Perform project variance reviews, comparing plan, forecast, and actual schedule performance.
• Perform other related responsibilities, as directed.
• Assist with special projects that may arise.
• 4+ years of relevant heavy industrial scheduling experience.
• 4 year degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, or related field preferred.
• Working knowledge of and ability to select and apply resource monitoring and control techniques, such as sequencing, duration assessment and logic.
• Primavera P6 stand alone and enterprise schedule experience required.
• Thorough understanding of the nature of EPFC project execution and sequencing.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work within multiple critical deadlines
• Strong Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to read drawings/blueprints.
This position may require occasional travel and extended workdays.
This position will support various project locations across the United States.
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability,
veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or genetic information.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.