Intertek Coordinator in Corpus Christi, Texas
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Operations Coordinator to join our Cargo & Analytical Assessment team in Corpus Christi.
This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world’s petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
The Operations Coordinator will support the Cargo & Analytical Assessment business by communicating with our internal and external clients ensuring that we deliver our services accurately. We’re looking for someone with a strong work ethic, business acumen, excellent customer service, dependable & reliable, organized, and can set priorities.
· Manage job nominations and/or assignments from specific customers for a particular branch office, area or region.
· Shall be the single point of customer contact for business related to that particular branch office, area or region.
· On receipt of a request for services, regardless of how the request is received, record the details of the nomination on a job order or equivalent, enter each job into a record kept for the purpose, and record a unique identifier.
· Review client instructions and identify potential problems regarding operations, conflict of interest, ethics or compliance, and alert relevant parties in order to seek solutions.
· Act as decision maker and problem solver on any issues involving a specific customer’s job nominations or job assignments in that particular branch office, area, or region.
· Be familiar with the nominating company's Intertek agreement, communicate with the client to obtain detailed instructions and verify the client's needs, and coordinate further communications between the client and Intertek personnel who will be handling the work. Be the local contact in interpreting any issues involving administration of the contract.
· Additionally, advise the Corporate Contract Administrator at Houston Headquarters of any contractual issues.
· Maintain the flow of communication between the responsible parties involved in job assignments; organize their requested services; relay available information concerning the hazards and other properties of the products dealt with, and manage communication among all parties to resolve problems in a responsive manner.
· According to the business protocol of each location, act as single point of contact for designated clients for all instructions.
· Collect the information provided by Inspectors, communicate with the laboratory regarding analysis performed, and assemble a final report ready for publishing.
· As part of the overall account management, manage account receivable balances and maintain complete and accurate records on closed jobs for purposes of billing, volume reconciliation, and claims handling.
· Maintain a working geographic awareness of Intertek’s locations and capabilities.
· Access the necessary personnel and services to complete the assignment for the customer.
· Coordinate with corporate business development to derive an overall marketing plan for particular customers, visit customers and jobsites, and be a positive representative of the Branch and of the Company.
· Perform non-discretionary functions, including duties of a Dispatcher, on a very limited basis when absolutely necessary. These non-discretionary functions are not to exceed more than 25% of work time.
· Perform annual performance appraisals in accordance with level of supervisory responsibility.
· Two years of experience in an inspection company, and knowledge of basic contract do's and don'ts.
· Sound knowledge of petroleum and chemical inspection procedures.
· An understanding of the business requirements of the client, relative to the purpose of the services provided.
· Working knowledge of the testing of those commodities that is at the core of the business, and of the significance of quality test data.
· Able and willing to travel. ( valid Drivers License required )
- High School diploma or equivalent required
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Auto req ID:
State or Province: